Digital Rendering Lab
The Digital Design Studio is owned and managed by the Department of Interior Architecture (IARc) and the School of Art. Each department determines access for their students, and is only available to IARc and Art students.
The Digital Design Studio is located in Ferguson 251 at UNCG.
The facility is open to the Interior Architecture and Art students by using their UNCG SpartanCard. Users should NOT prop the door open, or open the door for students. Each lab user must swipe in.
- Along with the policies outlined in the IARc Studio and Digital Policies, we require that you adhere to these policies while using the digital rendering lab:
- DO NOT TOUCH THE SCREEN
- No food or drinks in the lab.
- Files should always be saved to personal storage devices and/or one of the UNCG offered, free cloud storage options (Google Drive/UNCG BOX).
- Use the internal drive labeled STORAGE to save/render your files to as a temporary storage and create your own folder that is easily identifiable.
- Systems and local drives are periodically cleared when space is needed.
- Please be courteous of others’ files. Again, remember to back up your files and save often.
- Please keep the desktop clean.
- From 8 a.m. to midnight, students must be in attendance of the computer on which they are working. A note does not grant you the rights to a computer.
- Overnight renders are allowed starting at midnight on the designated rendering rows. However, students must be back in the morning to save their render, or they must continue to attend to the computer.
- Clean up after yourself and be respectful of the space; other people have to use it after you. If you move something, put it back: chairs, lamps, desks, references, etc. should be returned to their original locations.
- Throw away / recycle your trash.
Mac OSX: Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Muse, Premiere, Acrobat Pro), Microsoft Office 2008 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), SketchUp Pro, Podium Rendering Suite, Blender, Microsoft Office
Windows Standard: AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, Revit, 3ds Max, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Muse, Premiere, Acrobat Pro), Microsoft Office, Rhino 3D, SketchUp Pro, Podium Rendering Suite, AGi32
Windows Render: AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, Revit, 3ds Max, Adobe Photoshop CS6, Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Office, Rhino 3D, SketchUp Pro, Podium Rendering Suite, AGi32
- 15 – 27” iMac, Quad Core i7, 1GB AMD Radeon HD (dual booting; Mac/Windows)
- 5 – Mac Pros, Quad Core Xeon, 1GB ATI Radeon HD with 27″ LED Monitors
- 5 – Dell Precisions, 6-Core Xeon, 4GB AMD FirePro with 24″ LED Monitors
Scanners: Epson Perfection V700 Photo and Epson Expression 10000XL
Printers: HP LaserJet M750DN
Plotters: HP DesignJet T790
- UNCG students can download and install full desktop versions of the Microsoft Office suite using there UNCG email credentials from https://its.uncg.edu/office365/
- IARC students can also obtain free downloads of most Autodesk software programs such as AutoCAD, Revit, 3ds Max, etc. from http://students.autodesk.com You will need to register on this website using your UNCG email address to receive a student account.
- Free AGi32 licenses can be obtained by contacting your studio instructor.