Transfer Students Admissions
IMPORTANT: Transfer students are students who are transferring from another institution with Interior Design, Interior Architecture, or related credits. These are students who have credits that will be considered for advanced placement within the program. If you are a student transferring with an A.A. degree, please follow directions to complete the undergraduate application.
Transfer students may also visit the Transfer Equivalency Course Search website for more information regarding whether courses taken at other institutions will be accepted at UNCG.
Thank you for your interest in our program. Admission to our program requires a secondary application. Below are details on how to apply.
Our departmental application deadline for Fall enrollment is May 15th, we do not accept applications for Spring enrollment.
Step 1: Complete the application to UNC Greensboro; it can be found here: http://www.admissions.uncg.edu.
- At this point, students are accepted to UNCG as Pre-Interior Architecture majors. This means you are interested in majoring in Interior Architecture but need to apply to the program.
Step 2: Complete the application to the Interior Architecture department.
- Transfer students do not need to complete the artifact and essay requirement, but rather provide a portfolio of their work, along with unofficial copies of their transcripts. This is required to be considered for advanced placement within the department. All applicants need to complete the video requirement.
- After you submit the department application, it will be reviewed by our department head. The department head will then determine your advanced placement within the program.
- If accepted, you will be notified via email of your acceptance to the program; you will also be notified of the transferred courses that were accepted for advanced placement.
- Please make sure UNCG receives your official transcripts so that they may be articulated, and the accepted courses are applied to your record.
- Students who are admitted will get an acceptance letter along with an Intent to Enroll (ITE) form. Students must return the ITE form for their major to be updated from Pre-Interior Architecture to Interior Architecture. You will not be able to register for classes in the program if the form is not returned.
- After we receive your ITE form, we submit a request to the UNCG Office of the Registrar to have your major updated. Once updated, you are officially an Interior Architecture student! We will notify you via email when your major is updated.
- You are now cleared to register for classes. Make an appointment with UNCG SOAR, where you will meet with a departmental advisor who will help you register for classes.
- Visit our Academic Advising FAQ page as it contains a lot of answers to questions frequently asked by new incoming students.
If you have any questions, please email us at IARc@uncg.edu.