Transfer Articulation Agreements | Interior Architecture

Transfer Articulation Agreements

The Interior Architecture Department currently has articulation agreements in place with Central Piedmont, Forsyth Technical, Randolph, Wake Technical, and Cape Fear Community Colleges designed to assist A.A.S. Degree in Interior Design graduates in obtaining a B.F.A. in Interior Architecture from University of North Carolina Greensboro. Transfer students from these colleges who have completed their A.A.S. degree in Interior Design are automatically given credit for the first-year Interior Architecture studio courses at UNCG (IAR 101, 102, 110 and 112) and many of the support courses required by the program, allowing students to start in the second year of the program. Students may also be given an advanced placement to start in the third-year through transcript and portfolio review. Any students transferring with an A.A.S. degree from one of these community colleges must meet with the Department Head during their application process to have their transcript and portfolio evaluated to request advanced placement beyond the second year.


**UNC Greensboro is in the process of standardizing the acceptance of transfer credits from all North Carolina Community Colleges. If you have any questions on how your credits may transfer into the Department of Interior Architecture, please reach out to our Department Head, Lucinda Havenhand, at